Sunday, September 21, 2008

My next step.

Well First I joined a gym. I work out at St. Mary's in Knoxville, in case anybody knows the place. After doing some research on the web I found a guy named Alwyn Cosgrove and I read his blog and I became interested in alot of his ideas and advice. I bought a book he contributed to called "new rules of lifting for men" I really enjoyed this book. The Biggest concept that I learned from Alwyn and my research was total body workouts. Basically you want to work out your whole body to increase your metabolism to burn fat. So if your overweight and trying to lose fat doing tricep kickbacks is not going to get you anywhere. I also wanted to touch on cardio. When I first went to the gym just like most unprepared people I went straight to the treadmill and started running. Well this pretty much stunk. It made my knees hurt and I had no real goal in mind. So after some research I discovered interval training for cardio. I know alot of this is vague but I am working on a ebook that will document all the exercises and cardio routines and the nutrition and meals that I ate. But when I first started I used exercises from the book I mentioned above and I did my cardio routines based in intervals. Oh yeah and at this point I did not eat any fast food or drink any sodas or any drinks with sugar in it. I mainly drank water and to this day I very rarely drink anything other then water. I was really surprised at how fast your body becomes used to water and how it actually starts to crave it after awhile.
Another thing your might be saying to yourself is this is nothing new or I heard this stuff before. well that's okay I am not trying to be innovative or groundbreaking I just want to share I true story that people can believe in and hopefully take some inspiration from.
thanks for stopping by

No comments: